In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stealing Something That Obviously Isn't The Declaration of Independence

That's really the only way to describe today.
It started out normally enough, with Elise and I getting ready to go to Musikfest, which started at Noon. However, at 11:00AM, just an hour before we were going to leave, Sylvia burst in our room, quickly exited when she realized Elise and I were having sex, and waited for us to get dressed and come out of the room. "Mistress wants all Dolls to the door of Tower." Sylvia said. Naturally, Elise and I hurried to where Mistress wanted us. Yeah, I know, Elise isn't a Doll, but sometimes I think she herself forgets.
So Mistress was there, as were all the Dolls and Grayskins. The Choir members stood off to the side, standing there with The Blind Man and about 20 Archivists. Strangely enough, there were three people who looked to be shards of the Dying Man. One of them was a normal-looking one, holding a woman on a chain that was growling at everyone nearby. The third was a naked woman, with bright red hair. She was covered in blood.
"Everyone." Mistress spoke. "These are three shards of the Dying Man. They've asked me to call together this meeting, so listen up to what they have. These three are The Instant, The Animal, and The Red Cap."
The Red Cap was the one who spoke after winking at me, causing me to feel the same hatred and anger I felt three years ago when she.....whatever, that isn't important right now.
"I've called you all here to ask you for something. The Archangel currently owns six other shards, and we think they should be freed. We are asking for our help."
"That may be so." said The Blind Man. "But why would we help you, a Fear who isn't aligned with anyone?"
"Because, The Archangel intends to use the shards he's enslaved as a sort of weapon, in order to gain leverage over you all." There was much murmuring amongst everyone, and then it was a possessed Grayskin that spoke.
"What do you propose we do to free these alleged shards?" The Grayskin cocked his head in question, until the neck bones cracked. The Choir member then realized he wasn't currently a shadow and left the body, leaving the Grayskin to collapse on his knees.
"Simple." The Red Cap responded. "We rush Bliss, and get the shards, then get out."
"Are you out of your mind?!" an Archivist yelled. "We'd be killed before we even got to his palace!"
"I think I may have the solution to that." Someone from the back of the Archivist group spoke. He stepped forward, and there he was once again. Jack Of All. "Those hundred dollar bills are proving to be worth more than I initially believed them to, so I'll let Daniel Thompson in on a little secret. But since I know he'll tell you all, I'll just tell you all straightforward. When I removed The Grotesque from The Screaming Tower, I helped them get into somewhere else for exactly twelve hours. From 7pm to 7am tonight, all the timberwolves in Bliss will be caught in a nightmare. Then you'll only have The Archangel to deal with. That's all." Jack of All turned around, and was gone, disappearing into the crowd.
"I'll do it." Mistress nodded to The Red Cap, and The Choir nodded their shadowy forms as well.
"I'm going to have to opt out of this. I'm terribly sorry, but it still seems too risky." The Blind Man stated, and with that, collective robes flouncing in the turn, he and his Archivists walked away.
Cut 7 hours later, we were all in front of Bliss's Door, preparing ourselves. "Remember, we just want the shards, then out of here." Mistress was reminding. "No side trips for timberwolves. The goal will be for everyone to split up and search Bliss. They're most likely in the palace, so The shards, as well as the Choir, myself, and Daniel Thompson, though Daniel's going on the request of The Red Cap." I glared at the bloody, naked woman who just winked at me again. Another pang of hatred.
As soon as the clock struck seven, we rushed into Bliss, noticing how all the timberwolves had just fallen asleep while walking, driving, working. They just dropped into sleep. Many of them were turning and tossing, screaming about their nightmares. Nobody needed to be told twice. They split up, desperate to search their areas and get the hell out of dodge.
On our way to the palace, The Archangel stopped us. "So." He floated there, radiating a hatred unlike that I've ever seen. But I recognized it, because I've felt the same when The Red Cap.....ah, not now. "This is your doing."
"As much as I'd like to claim this as my doing, I'm afraid the credit would go to The Grotesque." Mistress said, floating up to his level. The Choir members shot up the side of the building, matching the other two's height.
Animal, Instant, Red and I took this chance to run. Instant yanked on Animal's chain and hopped on top of her, riding her like a horse, hollering and laughing loudly. What a fucking psycho.
Red and I took one hall, and Instant and Animal took the other. Eventually we found The Dying Man shards, struggling to get free. I picked him up, hefting him over my shoulder, so very grateful the duct tape was still blocking his mouth.
Passing Mistress and the Choir, who were fighting Archie quite well, delaying him from doing anything else. Archie hadn't even noticed us, despite Instant's yelling. I handed the shard man to Instant, who grabbed Red as well, and they all left as fast as they could. Mistress and The Choir decided it was time to fall back, and began retreating as well.
Once the Archangel lunged at them, he managed to catch one of the Choir members, holding it to the ground and beginning to strangle him. "You're not going anywhere!" He screeched, furiously strangling it. The Choir member began screeching. We all stopped and watched. The strangled Choir member made some sort of motion to the others, and the Choir members fled, and motioned for us to do the same. We followed, knowing not to let the Choir die in vain.
Once we were out, we kept running, the other groups having all left by then, following us. We didn't stop till we reached The Tower.
Now, lying here in bed, I'm wondering. Was it really all worth it? Was it really worth losing one of them for this? Whatever.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment