In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Torture

I guess I'll be taking over this blog for a little while.....the torture on Daniel hasn't stopped yet. It's been three days, and I still have trouble sleeping, knowing the screams in the Tower are the ones of my boyfriend....he's been through so much, and yet Miss Maple is furious with him. I can understand why, but I still find it a little harsh.
I was called down to the torture chamber (That doubles as the cellar) and there Miss Maple was, standing in front of Daniel. I looked around. The room was lit with candles, made sense considering the fact Daniel had hot wax in his hair. On a dimly lit table over in the corner was a strap on dildo, and it looked wet. Gross. He was strung to the chair he was sitting on, his head hung down. I couldn't see his face, but I knew I probably didn't want to.
"Ah, Elise, you're here." Miss Maple smiled with a pseudo-warmth that made my stomach churn. "Finally. I think you should see him in his current wretched state. People wear their emotions on their sleeve when they're in a state like this."
She grabbed Daniel's head and turned it to face me. It was unharmed, surprisingly, but his glasses had been shattered, the lenses cracked and falling out. He had been crying, that much was obvious, based on how red his eyes were, and the fact that there were dried tear streaks under his eyes.
And then I saw something that horrified me to my very core. There he was. Standing in the other corner and grinning. The Smiling Man. Miss Maple noticed my gaze and smiled again. "I see you've noticed him. Very well, let's begin."
The Smiling Man stepped forward and handed me a bouquet of roses. I accepted them, unable to move or do much of anything. Then began the torture. Miss Maple turned Daniel's head so it faced directly forward. And then The Smiling Man knelt right there, in front of him. Staring into his face. "That's it.....stare into my eyes." Daniel tried to look away, to close his eyes, but he couldn't, due to the strings.
Then he screamed. He screamed more loudly than I've ever heard anyone scream before, even when a member of the Choir got killed. I couldn't help it. I broke down on my knees, sobbing. Here was the person I was in LOVE with, being forced to look right into eyes that can kill.
I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and tried to grab The Smiling Man's shoulder and yank him away from my lover, but Miss Maple caught me and strung me to the wall. I felt strings around my neck. They began to tighten.
"That's enough, Puppetmeister." Two Choir shadows appeared on the wall, obfuscated sound to sound like two voices. "Do with your Puppets what you wish. But leave our servants out of that. Miss Murray is a valuable member of our organization, so if you wish our alliance to still stand, you will release her unharmed." 
"Fine." Miss Maple rolled her eyes (Note how I'm saying all this figuratively, it's more about feeling the emotions she's experiencing rather than actually seeing it) and the strings were released. "Elise. Go. Get out of here. Return to your Valley of Song. Don't come back until I give you permission." Miss Maple shooed me away. And so I left the Screaming Tower.
I should probably explain what the Valley of Song looks like. There are houses, residences for us Grayskins, and many walls that are just there for no reason other than to allow the Choir members to appear to us anywhere.
I found my house, one that's never gotten much use, and unlocked the door, going inside. Everything was all dusty. I obfuscated myself a vacuum, and cleaned the whole place.
Upon going to the "store" which more of a food storage place than anything, since all the food is free, I encountered a higher-up who took my shopping cart and told me that I was to report to the main office. He would take care of my food for me.
The Choir run their operations much like a major corporation, or more like an army than anything else. I went into the main office, and a secretary handed me papers telling me that my title as a field agent had been revoked until further notice. I was to get a desk job at the office and not leave the Valley of Song until further notice. So I'm stuck here. I can't get to Daniel.
~Elise out.

No comments:

Post a Comment