In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Numerous Advances

Happy New Year to all you runner/proxy/normal people who stumbled upon my blog and were like what the hell is this. Since I last posted on December 28th, things have grown increasingly complex and generally stranger. But you know what? That's okay.
I aimlessly drove around the Northeast for a couple days, until I read Lydia's invitation to go to the bar. So I went. Upon arrival, she was waiting on a stool at the bar, and The Sleepwalker (Whose name I'm withholding for reasons) and I went inside and sat down next to her. Sleepy ordered a Coke, and I got a Root Beer, because I don't trust myself with alcohol any longer, and Lydia and I chatted about current events and whatnot. She did clue me on to one of the targets I was looking for. She told me "Reality's Computer Virus is working with Reality's Toy." That told me all I needed to know.
So off I went to The Empty City and the Towering Realm. Sure enough, The Glitch was there, and fortunately, he didn't see The Sleepwalker or I.
On my way back to New Jersey, where I was to resume my search, I was stopped by someone in a Police Car. This kind of freaked me out. But to my surprise, who should be the police officer but Jack of All. He gave me this weird, ancient looking urn-type thing. He told me to hold onto it. I put it in the back seat, and The Sleepwalker instantly latched onto it, claiming it as hers.
It wasn't long enough afterwards I got a call from Mistress. I was to report to Grand Central Station alone. Sol would be waiting there for me. So, after arriving in New York City, I dropped The Sleepwalker at the Central Park Zoo with $3000 and told her to have fun and I'd be back for her later. I found a place to park the car, and went to the station to meet up with Sol.
We didn't stay in Grand Central Station for long. We took the subway to somewhere, I didn't care to notice, I was just following Sol, and we ended up in one of the seedier parts of New York City, and we ducked down an alley, going through a very broken-looking door. In the elevator that the hall we went through led to, there was a keyhole, which Sol inserted a key into. We then began going down, rather than up, and ended up in a pure white facility. Mistress was there, as was Sylvia, Luna, Tyrone, Cat, and others.
"Welcome back, Daniel." Luna smiled.
"What the hell is this?" I asked her.
"This is an institution devoted to researching the Fears." She responded.
"Topography Genera?" I asked, the infamous research facility coming to mind instantly.
"No." Luna shook her head.
"So what's this one called?" I inquired.
"We just call it The University." Luna replied.
"So why are we all here?" I kept up with the questions.
"No one's been able to answer that mystery since the dawn of time." Luna sighed.
"No, I mean, at The University!" I yelled in exasperation.
"Oh." Luna replied, like it was some shocker. "There was an incident with Turnip. Elise killed him for some reason, and she's disappeared."

That's just fucking lovely.
My pregnant girlfriend just fucking disappeared on me after killing a comrade of mine.

"That doesn't answer my question." I continued.
"Anyways, Mistress liked Turnip, remember? So she's done something interesting. She's turned him into a Fear."
"WHAT?!" I couldn't contain a shocked scream.
"He's called The Reader now. He's the Fear of fortune-telling and predictions in general. He looks a great deal different now." Luna responded. "But he's still Turnip. Just not conciously."
"I want to see him." I said, not really sure if I did or not.
"Right down there." She pointed in the direction of a long hallway.
Once I got to the end, I saw him. He was in a large room, separated from everyone else. He looked no different that I could tell except he was wearing a long hooded robe. I couldn't see his face, but we both stared at each other intently. He suddenly staggered backwards, and suddenly my mind felt extremely violated. I had nothing else to say to him. So I left.

Afterwards, I went back to the zoo at closing time, to find The Sleepwalker not there. I knew she hadn't wandered off, so that must've mean she was kidnapped. So I've been searching for her ever since.
It's weird though, that odd urn.....it twitches from time to time. Kinda weird.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment