In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Monday, June 17, 2013

Birthday


Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was a bit preoccupied. It was my birthday yesterday. Whoop-de-fuckin’ doo. Mistress is still looking over the analysis of The Quiet. She seems very, very intrigued by it. Luna joked to Sol yesterday that it probably because his handwriting was so bad she probably couldn’t read it. Also, she’s been spending a lot of time recently in the Godsway talking to “Tall, Dark, and Diseased.” Which I suppose is most likely The Plague Doctor.
So anyways, for my birthday, I woke up to Elise straddling me, trying to be a bit more sexual than usual, as it was my sixteenth birthday. After getting dressed, I went to speak with Sylvia. She’s now up on the 65th floor, so it’s a bit of a hike, considering Mistress never bothered installing an elevator in the Tower.
Once I got up there, I opened the door to her room, as it was already open a crack, and was immediately glomped by Sylvia. “Happy Birthday Daniel!” She yelled, saying each word with much concentration.
“Thanks, Sylvia.” I ruffled her hair and managed to get out from under her. “How are you feeling? The Quiet didn’t shake you up too much?”
“I fine.” Sylvia waved her hand in dismissal. “Those markers stronger, though.” I had no idea what she meant, so I just smiled.
“I have to go now, I’ll see you later.” I told her, then left to go downstairs. Once I made it down, I went to go see Mistress. Fortunately, she was there.
“Good, you’re here.” Mistress was sitting on her throne with a cup of tea. She raised it to her lips, but whether she was actually drinking it or it was just for aesthetic purposes was unbeknownst to me. “I want you to go observe the Archangel today. I know it will be difficult, but I think you can manage.” I looked down at my feet, and she noticed it. “Something awry?” She raised an eyebrow.
“It’s….my birthday…” I said slowly.
“Aw, hell, ya should’ve said something!” Mistress exclaimed. “Take the day off! It’s your sweet Sixteen, right?” She asked me.
“Yep.” I responded. She tossed me a wad of cash.
“Take Elise somewhere nice. It can be ‘sweet’ Sixteen, and nothing says sweet like taking a girl out on a date.” She said. “Now go, shoo.”
I found Elise waiting out by the car. “Hey, Elise?” I asked her.
“What is it, birthday boy?” She replied.
“I was wondering…if you’d like to go on a date with me?” I asked sheepishly, even though I’m good when it comes to business, I’m horrible at social things.
Elise clasped her hands and smiled. “Of course, Daniel! I’d love to go with you! Are we going somewhere formal?” She asked.
“Not that I know of. Casual wear would be best.” I replied. “Like what you’re currently wearing.” She was wearing a Metallica tanktop and a black miniskirt with her 60’s goth boots.
“Alright, so where are we going?” She asked, getting in the driver’s seat.
“Bar Harbor, Maine.” I replied.
After finding the door for that, we spent the day in Bar Harbor, Maine. We walked on some of the trails, hiked up Cadillac Mountain, kissed a couple times…okay, we kissed way more times than a few times. We kissed A LOT. After hiking up and down the mountain, we went into town to get some Ice Cream. I had Blueberry and she had Raspberry Ice Cream.
After, we ended up driving around the area of Ellsworth, looking for a Movie Theater. Eventually, we found one, and made the 5:00 showing of “The Purge.” I have to admit, the concept was good, but the execution was horrible.
After that, we ended up driving all the way to Machias to have McDonald’s for dinner. I had a Big Mac, large fries, and a large Root Beer. I was expecting Elise to get a Salad or one of those Angus Snack Wraps or something, but she ordered a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, as well as Large Fries and a large Hi-C. She’s not afraid to eat, which is something I like in a girl. Then again, she’s skinny as a board, so I don’t know how much she normally eats, but…
After eating, we ended up heading back to the Tower. As we got out of the car, we ended up kissing against. I blurted out “Elise, I want to date you!”
She grinned. “Okay.” She smiled, and we kissed again.
Not much changed with our sleeping habits, except she snuggled me a little closer.
That’s where it gets weird. I fell asleep as usual, and then I was in this forest. It’s 11:00PM. I’m alone. I have my knife, my laptop, and my clothes. My trilby is on my head. I have my glasses. I have no idea where I am. I have no idea where the Wi-fi signal is coming from. I’m actually scared. Elise…if you read this, I need help. Please find me. Please.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment