In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Friday, June 14, 2013

Breaking The Oath

WOW. What a day. What a fucking day. My god. I better explain. So Luna and I are back successfully at the Tower. She’s in bed, recovering still. Anyways, here’s how it all went down.
Last night, I got a call from Elise telling me that Sol and Sylvia had been assigned to find The Quiet. So her and I won’t have to deal with that. Good. Either way, Luna was well enough to sit up, her shoulder patched up, her IV drip helping to ease the pain. Every now and again, her doctor would come in and replace her IV when it got low. We sat around, listening to the radio. I ended up sitting on the side of the bed and we ended up browsing 4chan on the laptop together. I ended up sleeping in the chair. It was not comfy. The next morning, we both woke up at about the same time. After a while, a different doctor came in with an odd looking IV bag. Unlike the others, which were yellow-brown, this was a sickening green-brown.
“Hey, what happened to the other doctor?” I asked him. “Isn’t that one doing a 20-hour shift?”
“His shift is done. I am his replacement.” The new doctor visibly stiffened.
“Hey, do me a favor and roll up your sleeves.” I asked him.
He looked stunned. He set the bag down on a table. “O-okay.” He said, probably really hoping I wasn’t connected with the Fears. He rolled up his sleeves, and on his left shoulder, as I expected, was the Stick and the Serpent.
“I knew it.” I sighed, picked up the IV, and opened it, splashing it onto him, making sure to not let any touch me. His face, flesh, arms, legs, everything, began burning away. He began screaming and ran out of the room. I knew more Oathbreakers would show up, so, taking my laptop, shoving it in the case, and putting it on over my shoulder, I took my knife and cut Luna’s IV line. I proceeded to help her onto a cot with wheels, and we went for a little joyride through the hospital.
I pushed the bed as fast as I could, eventually jumping on the back. Luna was sitting at the front, and we allowed the motion to keep us going. We crashed through people, equipment, all sorts of stuff. When I notice a turn in the hallway, I got off and turned it for Luna. We had to take the elevator down. There were security, Oathbreakers, nurses, all kinds of them trying to stop us. They took the stairs, trying to beat us.
Since it was an old hospital, they didn’t have a remote elevator stopper. As soon as we got to the ground floor, I pushed the bed out and headed for the door. I heard a thudding down the stairs, and then a thud against the door, but it didn’t open. I assumed someone just tripped.
Afterwards, we were almost at the door, but there were two security guards in front of the locked door. Inside of stopping or admitting defeat, as some would, I ran faster. I pushed right through the two guards and smashed through the doors. A car stopped in front of us. It was Mistress, driving an SUV. “Need a hand?” She asked. I helped Luna quickly into one of the seats, and got in the front with her.
“How the hell did you do this?” I asked.
“Eh, I met up with Tall, Dark, and Diseased in the Godsway, convinced him to not sic his Oathbreakers on my injured servant. Seems the order didn’t make it in time. So I assumed you’d pull shit like this, so I came to help.” She explained.
“Where’s Elise?” I asked.
“Sol and Sylvia hadn’t come back in 11 hours, so Elise went to go get them.” Mistress replied. “We’re a little short-staffed in the Tower at the moment. Some others are helping out EAT. She’s apparently fighting off some Timberwolves.” She finished.
Sirens blared as the cops pulled up to the hospital. We were already on the main road, driving away at the speed limit. We didn’t want to get some cops after us. Although once we were out of the city, we were driving wicked fast.
Mistress suddenly turned and began driving through the goddamn desert like it was a road or something. Finally we found a garage door. Just a garage door. It was a Door to the City. How convenient. “How the fuck does this even work?” I looked at it as it was opening.
“Don’t question it.” Mistress replied. “It’s City logic. I don’t even fully understand it myself, and I’ve been living there forever.” She replied.
“Figuratively or literally?” I asked. Mistress just smiled.
So now I’m back home, in my own room, though it’s a little lonely without Elise. I hope she’s okay.

~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment