In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Sunday, June 9, 2013

File 21

So, remember how I said the Archangel loves messing with my blog? Well he deleted the ENTIRE. FUCKING. ENTRY. So I’ll have to recap both yesterday and today.
So yesterday, I was awoken at 3am by Sol, as was Sylvia. He said it didn’t concern Elise so we left her sleeping.
Luna was hugging a girl in the doorway who I instantly recognized as another Doll I saw at the bar. She was in Luna’s arms, sobbing loudly. We couldn’t move her in the house far enough to close the door. Sol asked her what happened.
These are her exact words, with a lot of stuttering and sobbing taken out; “Me and Hikari, we were walking home from the bar and a group of timberwolves jumped us. Asked us where Daniel Thompson was. Hikari, she said she didn’t know. They…..they shot her, and I ran. She was dead, I know she was.” The Doll broke into a sobbing wail.
Sylvia sighed. “I don’t know what do in this case.” Her English is still a little broken, possibly forever, but she can get her point across now.
Sol was about to speak, but he was interrupted. A gunshot. The doll in the doorway slumped down in Luna’s arms. A car drove off, the timberwolves within laughing maniacally.
Quickly, I woke up Elise. “Come on, I need a driver.” I said quickly. She went to bed dressed, as I did, so we rushed out the door and got in the car. I picked up the rocket launcher Sylvia was carrying earlier. “This way. Step on it.”
The timberwolves obviously didn’t think we were going to follow them, as they were driving in a straight line. Since Las Vegas is rather flat, or at least the section we were in, it didn’t take us long to find them.
We followed them out to a back country road, one that stretched far across the desert. We caught up to them with no problems, and I leaned out the passenger with the rocket launcher. I had one locked and loaded. I didn’t think twice. Elise slammed on the brakes, and I fired. Ow. I swear, I’ve handled the kick of a sniper rifle many times, but a rocket launcher, jesus christ. Either way, it hit it’s mark. Boom. The car with the timberwolves exploded in a giant ball of flame. No one made it out alive. I doubt they even knew what hit them before they were turned to ash.
Not wanting to attract too much police attention, Elise did what any sensible person in our shoes would do. We took shovels out of the trunk and began digging. First, we covered the car in sand, so that we could put out the fire before the fire department caught wind of it. Since it was out in the desert at 3:30AM on a back road through the desert that was like 30 miles away from any incorporated, we weren’t worrying too much.
Once the fire was done, I called Sol. It was a good idea to exchange numbers before we went to sleep. I told him what happened, and he said he would bring a tow cable and his pickup truck. Afterwards, Elise and I continued digging. We were digging a hole large deep enough (With a ramp to get out of it, of course) for the car. We decided to just bury it there.
We were practically done by the time Sol got there, even though he took an entire hour. After getting out of the hole, we attached the tow cable to a metal pipe thing that was attached to the rest of the exploded car, and Sol drove his truck around the hole. Afterwards, we hitched the other end to the back of his car and he drove forward, dragging the car, with the remains of the bodies, into the hole. We couldn’t be bothered to get the cable off the car in the hole, so we just threw the other end in with the car.
 Afterwards, we used the dirt we previously displaced to cover it up. The sand looked a little weird there, and not even mentioning the black spot on the road. But given a couple weeks of nature, you wouldn’t be able to tell. No one travels out that way anyways. It’s such a back road it ain’t even on most maps.
Anyways, after that, we all drove back to Sol and Luna’s house. Luna was waiting with Sylvia, both of them holding several bags. Once Sol parked, Luna and Sylvia threw the bags into the back of the truck. “What are you doing?” I asked Luna.
“You think we’re staying here? They know where we live.” Luna replied. “We’re moving to the Screaming Tower.”
“You might want to check with Mistress.” I responded.
“That’s why we’re gonna ask her.” Sol put in. “But we sure as hell ain’t staying here. Now be a bro and take us to the Tower.” Luna got in the truck. Elise, Sylvia, and I got in the car.
“So you dolls wanna live here at the Tower?” Mistress asked Sol and Luna with a grin, draping herself on her throne, her legs and head resting on the arms.
“Yes, we do.” Luna said, slightly nervously.
“Alright, I’ll just move Sylvia into the room that Daniel and Elise ar- wait, are you two incestous? Cause you’ll be sharing a room.” Mistress asked.
“We’re……..yeah, we’re incestous.” Sol admitted.
“Great, the room is yours. Sylvia, I’ll get some Dolls to move your stuff into Daniel’s room.” Mistress decided. Well, that was unexpected. After all the moving and whatnot, we all went to bed.
As luck would have it, Elise and I desperately needed sleep. We slept until the next morning with absolutely no problems.
Early today, we got up at our normal time, had breakfast, etc. etc. Afterwards, we went into Mistress’s room to speak with her. “Looking for the Mother of Snakes again today, I assume?” She chuckled at us.
“Yep. We’re bound to find her sooner or later, after all, we only have five more Fears to document.” I shrugged.
“Well, good luck.” Mistress sighed, then shooed us out of her room.
Once we were in the car, I spoke with Elise about something odd I had noticed yesterday. “You were looking at the bodies kinda weird yesterday, Elise.”
“I’m not a necrophiliac!” She blurted out, almost driving off the road as she yelled.
“……You’re a necrophiliac, aren’t you?” I asked her bluntly.
“Yeah…” She required quietly.
I shrugged. “Kay. Just remember when we do assassination missions that the people we kill are enemies, not sex toys.” I sighed.
“I know, I know.” Elise replied. “Now can we please stop talking about this?”
We were both silent. We found a good-looking garage door and drove through it. That’s how it works nowadays. The City usually takes us to a Fear or something, but never the Mother of Snakes. Today we ended up in another forest.
“You don’t think it’d send us back to the Intrusion, do you?” Elise said, stopping the car, as the trees were too thick to do anything else.
“Nah, this forest is…….darker than the Intrusion forest.” I replied, and meant it too. “Don’t touch the trees, they’re weird.” I continued, cause they looked off. Like they were all connected somehow.
We walked around for a little while, and the trees got thicker, to the point we couldn’t see ahead of us. We dodged the trees, as they looked more and more suspicious. Then we found him.
The Slender Man. He was standing there. I think he was staring at us, but I don’t know for sure, because he might’ve been looking away. Either way, I sketched him out and took a couple notes about him, until suddenly, we were standing in a field. We were never in a forest. We were amongst the tendrils of the Slender Man.
We bolted for the car, and barely made it through the door before the bastard got us. We decided that was enough for one day, because it was really freaky, the Slender Man trying to get us.

File 21: The Slender Man
Alternate Names: PRE01, Fossil-Type BIRCHMAN, Subject Tango Whiskey Delta, The Beast, Der Ritter, The Jabberwock, Slendy, The Operator, The King of Trees
Attitude Toward Humans: Hostile
Control Over: N/A

The Slender Man is by far the most well-known Fear, spawning all sorts of things, as much as a series of games where you have to avoid him. This is probably due to his habit of appearing in the background of photographs and videos at random, even going as far as appearing in the background of a scene of an episode of Ed, Edd, and Eddy years before he ever appeared on the internet. His favorite targets; children. Whether it’s due to pedophilia or easy pickings, or just for the fun of ruining innocence, the Slender Man kidnaps children and kills them, often impaling them on trees. However, he leaves some for later. They grow up, and he re-appears to them. Then they often become Slenderproxies, servants of his. Slenderproxies rarely have any special powers, but he can grant them to his servants if they prove themselves worthy. The Slender Man often appears to have tendrils from his back. Whether these are branches or tentacles is debatable.

I ended up writing my longest report yet, a solid 15 pages. I would share more with you guys, but I’m so tired and Elise needs snuggling. I’m gonna do that while Sylvia stares at us from across the room. Goodnight everyone.

~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment