In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

File 18 and File 19

As usual, I woke up to Elise straddling me. I’m pretty much used to it by now. I got up and got dressed, and I went to check on Sylvia. She had a pretty nasty bruise on her head from Mistress throwing her in the closet yesterday, but she was overall good. She was on her bed in her underwear reading “It” by Stephen King. She seems to really like horror, which is kind of ironic, given her job.
“So, what are you up to today?” Mistress asked me, as I passed by her room.
“I’m gonna find the Mother of Snakes.” I said once again, stopping and standing in the doorframe.
“You didn’t find her yesterday?” She asked. She was standing in the shadows of the corner of her room.
“No, I found the Dying Man.” I replied.
“What else do you have to observe at this point?” She asked me.
“The Archangel, The Eye, The Intrusion, The Quiet, The Rake, The Red Cap, and The Slender Man.” I replied. I had them memorized at this point.
“Very good, Daniel. I honestly expected you to die before you got ten.” Mistress shrugged. “But you actually have a shot at getting them all before you die.”
“I intend to. I have things I want to complete before I die, and being killed by one of them would be a big problem.” I chuckled.
“Alright. Go out there and find the damn mirror lady.” Mistress seemed to grin more than usual. As I was leaving the Tower, I could hear her cackle.
“She’s batshit insane…” I muttered to myself, heading to the parking lot on the side.
“So, we going after the Mother of Snakes yet again?” Elise smiled at me, obfuscating a slice of toast and giving it to me as we pulled out of the parking lot. We usually ate breakfast on the road these days, and her obfuscation was perfect for that.
“Seems like it. Though if this keeps up, we’ll find them all without trouble before we get her.” I laughed. She laughed with me, and kissed me on the cheek, almost swerving off the road as she did it.
“Eyes on the road, Elise. Eyes on the road.” I said.
“I sure hope not. He’d probably be angry if we drove over him.” She said back. We were just joking at this point, and we ended up telling really bad jokes and puns regarding the Fears for the next several minutes.
BUMP. Something went bump. And then we were driving down a dirt road in a forest. “Did we just fall through a trapdoor?” Elise asked.
“Seems like it.” I said, bracing on the door as the car swerved madly to avoid the tree. “The road, Elise, the road!” I yelled.
“No, there were bugs there. Hundreds and hundreds of bugs.” Elise shook her head.
          “Wait….bugs, you say?” I replied.
          “Ye- wait, what are you going to do?” She asked me nervously.
          “Stop the car. We’re gonna do some research.” I said, putting my trilby on.
          “Gyah, Danny, they’re crawling all over me and stuff!” Elise yelled, gingerly stepping around the massive hordes of bugs. They were crawling up her legs anyways.
          “Brush em off. It’s what I’m doing.” I responded in an area thicker with bugs. I didn’t care if I stepped on some. I brushed them off all the same.
          “But I don’t wanna touch them! They might bite me!” Elise complained.
          “And if you don’t, they’ll climb into your pussy and asshole.” I said, shocking Elise into brushing them off. Whether they would or not, I didn’t know, but I thought it would be best to err on the side of caution.
          After trudging through and crushing what seemed to be thousands upon thousands of bugs, we finally made it to the center. A hive. Made of living bugs. The entrance was shifting size, fitting the constant goings and comings of the bugs that resided within. They were leaving, coming back, making up the wall, taking shifts, and it was busy as fuck around there. Elise was grossed out to the point where she was holding onto my shoulders. I took out my notebook. “Shouldn’t we do this back at the car?”
          “Nope.” I replied, drawing a sketch of the hive. “This is the Intrusion, if you haven’t guessed.” I added.
          “So they’ll intrude on me and turn me into a drone?!” Elise squeaked.
          “As long as you don’t let them near your crotch or face, you’re fine.” I replied. “Oh hey, speaking of drones…”
          I honestly couldn’t tell him from the Archangel’s zombies, the way he walked. His eyes were gone, his mouth hanging open, and various chunks of skin were either gone or hanging off his face. And the bugs. They were using the eye sockets as entry and exit points. I took my notebook out and scribbled some things about the drone as it lumbered towards us. I wasn’t finished with my notes when Elise blasted it away with a obfuscated shotgun. “You really don’t like it here?” I asked her.
          “I HATE BUGS!” Elise screamed.
          “Fine, we’ll go back.” I said, leaving the hive behind and heading back to the car with her. We thoroughly checked ourselves for bugs, then left that place behind us.
          File 18: The Intrusion
          Alternate Names: PRE16, Fossil-Type CRAWLERS, The Kingdom, Subject India November, The Legion, The Colony, The Eighth Plague, The Unseen Horsemen
          Attitude Towards Human: Hostile
          Control Over: Bugs

          The Intrusion is a hard one to classify. Unlike EAT, which is one being in multiple bodies, or the Dying Man, which is several shards of one being, The Intrusion is thousands of beings. I would say they’re a hive mind, but they aren’t. They’re all independent of each other, yet they have a common goal. Infect. Intrude. They will get in any hole they can, so be careful when they’re around. Their most common forms are Spiders with long legs and flies with larger heads. They will kill anyone they can, and infect them. Not only do these people do their bidding, but provide food for their larvae when they hatch. They serve multiple purposes. As such, their servants are quickly used up, so they have to infect more. Despite this, they usually stick to forests, trying to find curious hikers and campers who want to find some place to hike or camp or even proxies looking to snuff them out. There are many hives, so one could probably not destroy them all.

          Elise was refusing to talk to me until we got back to the Empty City. “Elise, you know we had to do that at some point. No reason to get mad at me.” I tried reasoning with her.
          “You’re right.” She sighed. “I’m sorry.” She was quiet after that a little while longer. Then she got a nosebleed. Not a big one. But very noticable, as we parked the car.
          “Hey…” She was blushing, and she leaned over to me, grinning. “You wanna fuck?”
          It all made sense now. The Red Cap was obviously in the area. I instantly formed a plan in my head. “Sure.” I grinned back. “But I can think of a much better place than the car to have sex.” I picked her up, leaving the car door open, and carried her into the Tower. I set down in a closet.
          “Oh, the closet, eh? Kinky.” Elise grinned. I stepped back and closed the door, barricading the door with my own weight, and ordering a doll to bring me a chair, which I set under the doorknob.
          “Sorry Elise…this is for your own good.” I sighed, leaving the Tower. I grabbed the shotgun out of the driver’s seat on my way out.
          Then I found it. A Blood Vessel, those obnoxious servants of the Red Cap, and most likely what she was traveling in. Without hesitating, I blasted through it with the shotgun. I swear, I like timberwolves more than them. I walked back inside, and freed Elise, who apparently got over her trance as soon as I blasted through the Vessel.
         
          File 19: The Red Cap
          Alternate Names: PRE23, Fossil-Type LUST, Tuonetar, Subject Romeo Charlie, Rose Red, The Scarlet Woman, The Colour of Blood, Mistress of Murder
          Attitude To Humans: Hostile
          Control Over: Lust Levels, Blood

          The Red Cap is one of the more annoying Fears. She’s merciless, using her Blood Vessels to gain as much leverage as possible, when in reality she’s hardly strong enough to be a Fear. She can manipulate the levels of lust in a person, much like those annoying internet ads that say “Three simple questions that makes ANY GIRL WANT TO FUCK.” Her Blood Vessels frequently have orgies, and then they bleed over a non-Blood Vessel in some sort of satan-esque ritual and they become the Blood Vessel.

          I hold too much contempt for the Red Cap, I couldn’t keep writing about it. I presented it to Mistress, who laughed and told me I had written enough. Today was interesting. I bet tomorrow will be another fruitless day of looking for the Mother of Snakes.

          ~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment