In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Monday, May 13, 2013

Anthony's Song (Movin' Out)


That was….interesting. Well, I can say that I now live with the rest of the dolls in the Screaming Tower, and I couldn’t be happier. The Empty City seems to like me, it doesn’t try to harm me or anything, so long as I stay on the sidewalks and crosswalks. It doesn’t like jaywalking. Either way, I now no longer have to go out of the City unless I’m on missions. Anyways, I guess I might as well tell you all what happened.
For starters, Mistress Maple, ten dolls, two members of the Choir and I all traveled through a Door nearby my house. My parents have (or maybe now had) a nasty habit of leaving the door unlocked, so it was easy as hell for me to get in. It was already late when the battle finished, so I just kind of stayed in the Screaming Tower.
Anyways, so afterwards, the Choir members went to my brother’s room and my parent’s, manifesting as a slight shadow on the wall, and obfuscated some sort of sleep-inducing noise, I didn’t know all of it, I don’t really care. Either way, Mistress Maple watched the Dolls and I as we began taking everything from my room. My bedsheets, clothes, body pillow, small bits of furniture that could be easily taken with. Like my bedside table, my radio, and small things, like my headphones, music player, and my fan.
Once we were successfully out of the door, as I was about to close and lock the front door for them, I felt a pang of regret, but I realized that since the Timberwolves didn’t much like me, it was safer for them if I broke off all contact with them. Perhaps someday, once things calm themselves a bit…
Moving on, The Choir joined up with us a little further on. One of the things that disturbs both Mistress and I is the number of the Choir themselves. Mistress Maple said there was once dozens of them, now there’s only 11 of them. The Choir themselves refuse to comment on this. Whether it’s obfuscation or they’ve actually been somehow killed is unbeknownst to me, and at least for right now, I can’t do a thing about it.
Once we made it back to The Screaming Tower, I found out I was going to be sleeping on the third floor, in the room directly opposite to Mistress’s. Figures, since I’m her only willing Doll at the moment. We seem to have a reputation for either dying quickly or betraying her. However, I wouldn’t even dream of betraying Mistress, unless, you know, the Grotesque forced me to or something.
Anyways, it looked surprisingly like my old room, especially so once we got everything set up. I still have my six-foot wall scroll of Fujiwara No Mokou, fortunately. And also, Mistress Maple surprised me with a gift! My own laptop! Now I can blog on the go, instead of using some clunky old desktop! Anyways, I better get some sleep, Mistress Maple said she has a MAJOR job for me tomorrow.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment