In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Thursday, May 30, 2013

File 13

Well, close experiences galore, but we got down another Fear. Anyways, ever since the Convention I had taken a great deal of interest in both The Unnamed Child and the Mother of Snakes. So Elise and I decided to find them. Before I left, I went to Sylvia, who had since mastered the phrase “Can I have another book?” Apparently the trauma didn’t affect her reading skill, so she mostly spends her time reading novels and whatnot. I ended up handing her Stephen King’s “Christine” absent-mindedly. In retrospect, horror wasn’t such a great idea. But either way, there’s no use regretting it now. She’s already halfway done.
Either way, after telling Mistress about Sylvia’s condition, I was about to stop when she spoke. “Vassal.”
“Yes, Mistress?” I turned and asked, forcing a smile.
“Kick some ass out there. Has Elise given you back your knife?” She grinned.
“Yep, yesterday.” I said, and turned and left. I didn’t know why, but recently, I’ve wanted to keep as far from Mistress as possible. Ever since the day I snapped. I’m not sure if it’s guilt or fear or……anger……what the hell is wrong with me?
Whatever, Elise and I got in the car. We drove out of the Empty City at the first garage door we found. The Unnamed Child doesn’t have a domain, so she could’ve been anywhere. We didn’t expect two things; that we’d end up back in Pennsylvania. And that it would be so damned HOT. Like, my god, it was sweltering. Since the car was old, it didn’t have AC, so we rolled down the windows and hoped for the best.
We drove aimlessly down back country roads, city streets, up and down freeways, hoping to find her. Eventually, we did. Her reptilian grin and weird appearance made me shudder to look at her. “Aw, she’s so CUTE!” Elise pulled over to the left side of the road, where she was standing and GRINNING EVILLY. “Hi there, little girl! Where’s your Mommy and Daddy?” She asked, sounding more like a pedophile than anything.
The Unnamed Child’s lizard-like eyes filled with tears. “Please, you have to help me! My Mommy and Daddy left me here for no reason! Help me, please…”
Elise turned to me. “We’re letting her in the car.”
“Elise, wait-” I started, but she put a finger to my lips.
“No, YOU wait. This girl needs our help, so we’re helping her. Who else would she find on this back road in god-only-knows-where? Besides, we’re just looking for the Unnamed Child, she’ll be a help if anything. Get on in, little girl! By the way, what’s your name?” Elise asked.
“Ah, ah, Adrift!” She said, and FUCKING GRINNED AT ME AGAIN OH GOD SO CREEPY.
“Adrift, huh? That’s a weird name.” Elise thought out loud.
“It was my Daddy’s idea….he said I was always looking at weird things and staying off track, so I was a little Adrift.” Adrift sobbed, before grinning at me a third time. She was in the back seat, but I could feel it, and definitely see it in the rearview mirror.
“That’s so sad….I’m glad I found you, Adrift.” Elise smiled in the mirror. Made me wonder exactly what she was seeing, cause it was sure not the same one I was seeing.
“Me too! I guess you’re my Mommy now!” Adrift beamed. Then she went on to stare directly at me. “And you’re my DADDY, right, DADDY?” Her voice was dripping with malice, but I was sure Elise couldn’t hear that.
“Y-yeah.” I chuckled nervously.
“Mommy, I have to go pee-pee.” She suddenly said. Elise sighed and pulled over. “Fine, we’ll go out to the woods. Daniel, stay here and watch the car.” She said, getting out of the car with Adrift.
It was a long time since I heard anything from anybody. An hour. No word. I waited. A gunshot. I ran into the woods, looking for the source. I saw them. Elise had a bullet hole in one hand and a shotgun against Adrift’s head in the other. “Daniel, this Adrift! She’s the Unnamed Child!” Elise yelled.
“You don’t fucking say?” I growled back angrily. “I have a coil of rope in the trunk. I’ll be right back.” I went, got the coil of rope, and was back in five minutes. No one had moved. I tied up the Child, though I hated being so close to her.
“Alright, kid. You sit there, and I’m gonna write something down. Then we’re gonna let you go. You try anything, you get your brains blown out. Immortal or not, I doubt it’d be that comfortable.” I said. And I wrote.
File 13: The Unnamed Child.
Alternate Names: PRE18, Fossil-Type LACRIMOSA, The Adrift, Subject Uniform Charlie, Precious, Alice, Lost Girl, Mistress Without Name
Attitude Towards Humans: Hostile
Control Over: N/A

This girl is more of a family-destroyer than a meth addicted son. She turns up as a cute little orphan at the doorstep of some family, and they’ll instantly take her in. They’ll love her so much, they’ll even forego their real child’s needs to care for her. Eventually she kills all the children, and runs away. The parents, rather than getting angry, follow her, becoming Wanderers. If they find her again, she’ll tell them her real name, which will erase their memory. They are Nameless, doomed to serve the Child until they die. To some, she appears to be a cute little girl, while others can see her for what she truly is. This fucked-up freak of nature, with sharp teeth and lizard-ish eyes. When she grins, eugh, terrifying. It’s freaky to just be around her, cause she grins and grins and grins. A word of advice. Don’t trust orphans. They’re nothing but trouble.

This entry was shorter than some others. Ah well. Also, 13, that’s over half of 25. At least we’re halfway done.
We let the Unnamed Child go, and we returned to the Empty City. Nothing else much happened.
I’m sorry I’m not posting more and beign more indepth about this part but Ican barely keep my eyes open to tpye. Gnight eryone.

~Tmpson ot.

No comments:

Post a Comment