In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Assault



Well, shit. Today was…………eventful. I’ll tell you what happened. The Archangel invaded the Screaming Tower. Him and his timberwolves. By that I mean he stayed behind and sent timberwolves at us. It was really rough. At first Mistress just sent out some dolls, allowing me to stay behind, knowing what happened to me last time I tried. But when the timberwolves pulled out guns and began shooting them full of holes, I knew I had to do something. I grabbed a Flamethrower and joined the fray.
Strangely enough, the smell of burning flesh doesn’t bother me at all. I torched timberwolf after timberwolf, leaving a heap of charred corpses in my wake. They weren’t firing at me, they were busy taking down the dolls. One guy even got into the Screaming Tower.
“Mistress! Go through the Door! I’ll hold down the fort!” I yelled into the still open door. No response. I ran in after her. I knew where Mistress usually stayed. A shadow on the wall told me a member of the Choir was right beside me. It ducked down a back hallway and obfuscated maniacal laughter that mimicked Mistress Maple’s perfectly. I saw a timberwolf run down that way, but not before he was sliced up by Mistress’s strings. I followed the strings into a room where Mistress sat, bored-looking as ever. She tossed me a Sniper Rifle and said “Twelfth floor. Fuck some shit up.” I asked her if she wanted to go to the Door at the top, and she shook her head, telling me to go and kill timberwolves. I did as instructed, hurrying up the stairs to the twelfth floor.
I kicked the glass panel out of a window, and aimed there. BLAM. One shot. A timberwolf falls. BLAM. Another dead. BLAM. A doll got in the way. BLAM. Another dead. I sat up there sniping until I ran out of shells. The damn thing could only carry 20, and I forgot to grab some more ammo. 18 dead timberwolves, two dead dolls. Zero missed shots. So I ran downstairs, to find three timberwolves in the room Mistress was in, shooting her full of holes with a machine gun each. I picked up my Flamethrower, which I had left lying on the floor in there, and torched the three of them. She choked out something about a doll, so I went out into the battlefield, with considerably less combatants now, and we were easily winning, and brought a doll inside to her.
Mistress asked me to torch her body. I hesitated, but did as she asked, and burnt her wooden body to mere ashes. I then watched as the doll exploded from the inside out, the wooden features of Mistress coming into view. She told me to take that Flamethrower and take care of the remaining timberwolves. So I did. Some Grayskins had arrived after I was done with the sniping, so they were cleaning up. I only had to torch one more. Afterwards, I surveyed the bodies.
17 dead Dolls, 18 if you count the one Mistress used.
1 dead Grayskin
52 dead Timberwolves
1 dead Proxy that wandered onto the battlefield at some point.

Anyways, afterwards, Mistress suggested that tonight I move into the Screaming Tower with her and the Dolls. I’ll let you know how that goes.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment