In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Friday, May 24, 2013

Return of the Silver Princess

So we all woke up fairly early yesterday and prepared to attack. Mistress briefed all of us, EAT giving her permission to order the Campers around us completely until the mission was done. So we all headed towards the Door closest to Bliss, the realm of the Archangel. I had my sniper rifle strapped to my back, and my flamethrower in my hand. My combat knife rested in it’s sheath on my belt.
          Apparently the Archangel caught wind of our plan, and decided to meet us halfway. There he was, floating above his timberwolves, which I was guessing there was 3000 or so of them. He sure has a lot of them. Of course, 90% of them were probably zombies, but that’s beside the point. I was feeling really grateful at that point for the 2000 Campers, though Mistress was probably wishing I had gotten more.
          Then I saw her. She was crucified, nailed to a cross held up by several timberwolves. I couldn’t tell whether she was dead, sleeping, comatose, or simply unable to lift her head, her long silver hair falling over her face. She was wearing a white swaddle, nothing more. Sylvia had been crucified. I reached for the trigger of my flamethrower, unable to contain my rage. One of the Campers stopped me, but Mistress, who was using strings to float next to me, nodded. I rushed forward and slammed down the trigger, causing a jet of flame to burst out, lighting a good five or ten timberwolves on fire.
          That’s when the chaos began. The Archangel went straight for Mistress, and the two of them began a ferocious air battle. The Dolls, Grayskins, and Campers rushed at the timberwolves, using their various weapons against each other. I was in the middle of it. The smell of burning flesh, of blood, and the screaming of timberwolves…….in that moment I loved the feel of it all. All I wanted was revenge. To kill every single one of those stupid motherfuckers who follow that being.
          It wasn’t long before the City got involved, grabbing people on both sides and dragging them down. Seems it doesn’t like people fighting on it except in the designated areas, and this seemed to be a residential neighborhood. The Nightlanders began shuffling through the fray, pointing out the worst offenders for the City to devour. A few of the Choir members showed up, obfuscating anything they could think of upon timberwolves, killing a few Campers, Dolls, and even Grayskins in the process. At least we were winning.
          I finally got to the cross Sylvia was on. I began defending that viciously, dropping my Flamethrower and taking out my Combat Knife, stabbing through anyone who got too close.
          The battle, overall, lasted about four hours. When all was said and done, most were dead.
          Out of 3021 timberwolves, 121 were alive.
          Out of 2000 Campers, 399 were alive.
          Out of 400 Grayskins, 12 were alive.
          Out of 150 dolls, 83 were alive.
                  
          The next sight I saw horrified me to my very core. The Archangel had killed Mistress. Her body was lying on the ground, her wooden limbs and strings tossed everywhere like a destroyed wooden doll a young girl had played with to death. There was nothing I could do. Even if I restored her with a different doll, the Archangel would just kill them. The next thing I saw was harrowing as well.
          The Archangel teleported over to a member of the Choir and grabbed it by the neck. It grabbed a shadow by the neck. I don’t what was worse, watching a shadow be strangled by The Archangel, or hearing the Choir scream. That’s right. The Choir screamed. It was loud and piercing, and deadly from the looks of things. Considering the timberwolves that were close by were blown apart. The Choir member tilted what looked to be it’s head up to the sky and screeched, and then a loud CRACK was heard, and the Choir member lay limp. The Archangel dropped him, and the Timberwolves were on it like wolves, stamping on it and crushing it into the ground. I was trying to comprehend it. The Archangel just dragged something into the physical world and killed it. I couldn’t believe it. I refused to believe it.
          “You can have yer stupid girl, she’s of no use to us anyways. We got what we wanted.” The Timberwolves assumed to be the leader cackled, tossing his head toward my dead Mistress. One of the Grayskins shot him in the head. The Archangel did what was the gas mask equivalent of rolling his eyes and floated away, his timberwolves following.
I looked around. It hit me just how many servants died here. But I wasn’t concerned with that at this point. I pulled a Doll over to Mistress’s body. She gave me a questioning look before exploding into Mistress.
“Whew! Almost lost my hold on reality there.” Mistress sighed. “Well, we lost all these people for Sylvia, but we got to kill a bunch of timberwolves and I got to punch the Archangel in his smug face. That is, assuming he has a face under that gas mask. Why don’t you get your girl down there. We can head back after this. The City’ll clean up the bodies.” The City was slowly overturned squares of dirt and making the bodies disappear.
 I got Sylvia down from the cross and began carrying her back to the Tower, but not before thanking EAT for sacrificing all those Campers. We already had several dolls stay behind and fix up the Tower, but she was still sleeping in my room for tonight. She probably won’t come to until tomorrow. She’s snuggled against me, still comatose but moving slightly. I’m going to put the laptop away and get some sleep. Good night everyone.

~Thompson out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment