In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I wasn't ready


I wasn’t ready for this. I so wasn’t ready for this. I said I would tell you, even though I’m embarrased. Oh, he’s dead alright. I killed him in his apartment. Mistress Maple has several City Worker outfits, so I dressed in that and knocked on his door. He opened it, and I told him I needed to do an inspection, city mandated. He looked a bit confused for a moment, but he allowed me inside.
          Now, one might be thinking why he didn’t think I was too young. Well, even though I’m almost 16, most people say I look 18 or 19. So it was within reason. I asked him if he had any concerns about the structural integrity, and he showed me this crack in the ceiling over his kitchenette. I was about to pull out the knife and stab him, but he turned to me, so I pulled out a notepad and pen. When he turned back to the crack, I took out the knife, dropped the notepad, and stabbed him right in the back, hitting his spinal cord. He dropped to the ground. That wasn’t the part that I consider a failure.
          Afterwards, I did as Mistress instructed. I rolled over, and gagged when I saw the horrified expression on his face that he got as he died. I did as ordered, and carved the Operator Symbol into his chest, making it look like a Slender Man kill. That was too much for me. I ran into his bathroom and vomited in the toilet. I thought I had done pretty well to kill him without vomiting. I’m still a mostly-normal human being after all.
          So I left as casually as I could, taking the knife with me. I wanted to leave as little evidence as possible. As I left the apartment building I noticed I had a bit of blood on my city worker jacket. I ducked into an alley, and took off the jacket, and put on a shirt I took from one of those between-building clothesline. I carried the balled-up jacket with me until a Garbage Truck passed, and I tossed it in there.
          As I was walking to the nearest Door to get back to the Screaming Tower in the Empty City, some cops stopped me. They said someone had said seen me leaving a building with a bloodstained City Worker jacket and wanted to ask me some questions. They obviously hadn’t found the dead body yet. I was about to run, but then I saw a shadow on the other side of the street began making a hell of a screaming noise. Why was the Choir helping me? This distracted the Officers, and I made a run for it. Guess I won’t be going back to Portland, Oregon any time soon.
          Anyways, I made it back to the Screaming Tower, and gave her a full report, then asked her about the Choir. This conversation ensued.
         
“Oh, I was planning to tell you. They’re working with us for a little while.”
Why?
“Well, the Archangel is becoming a pain in the rear for everyone. The timberwolves are getting restless and have been attacking dolls and Grayskins, and there are even rumors they’ve been killing Maenads.”
Why would he want to anger the Rake?
“That’s not important. The Rake is the constant companion of Slender Man anyways. What is important is that the Choir will be working with us until we figure out what to do with the Archangel. Soon, I’ll be sending you to speak with some Campers about what’s been happening to them. I’ve been seeing less and less of them around.”
Alright.

So that’s the story of recently. I’ll keep everyone posted as to just what the Archangel is plotting.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment