In The Screaming Tower

In the Screaming Tower, it's rather hard to hear someone scream...wouldn't you agree?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

File 03


          So, as I was ordered to do, Sylvia and I sought out EAT, all we had to do was travel through a door, and we ended up at a small lake in god knows where. Probably Europe or something. In the lake……was a girl, probably about 20 or 21, standing neck-deep in the water, wearing what looked to be a white dress of some sorts. “EAT?” I rolled down the window on the passenger side of the car and yelled.
          The Camper turned around and faced me. “Hmm? Someone call for me?”
          “I did.” I stepped out of the car. EAT got out of the pool. I noticed she wasn’t wearing anything under the now see-through dress, so I did my best to focus on her face. I found myself consistently failing.
          “What is it? Do you want to become a Camper?” EAT beamed at me.
          “Actually, no. I’m already a doll.” I held up a little badge of identification Mistress gave Sylvia and I for us to present to prove we were dolls. EAT’s beaming smile turned into a look of annoyance. “Ah, phooey.” She muttered.
          “I’m here to ask about the Campers on my Mistress’s behalf…..is there……anything going on with them? Are you losing more than usual?”
          EAT glanced around, then leaned in closer to me. “Yeah. They actually are.” She whispered in a low voice.
          “Oh? Any particular reason they are?” I asked.
          “The Archangel.” EAT sighed and sat down on a rock, crossing her legs. It didn’t help much. “He’s been killing them off for no apparent reason.”
          “Same. Us Dolls aren’t doing well, either.” I was surprised EAT was so sociable, moreover, that she was so open about her problems. “Seems the Timberwolves have even taken out a few members of the Choir.”
          EAT’s eyes widened. “The Choir? I was always under the impression they were unkillable, being, you know, shadows. Is your Mistress plotting a war or something?” She asked me.
          “Hard to tell. I think she’s just trying to gather info at the moment.” I responded. I didn’t know I was such a good diplomat.
          “Well, you tell your Mistress that she has 1000 Campers to join in the fight against the Archangel if she needs them!” EAT was being loud, almost like a genki girl. It was adorable and frightening at the same time.
          “Alright. I’ll do that, also…” I readied myself for the second question.
          “Yes? What is it?” EAT asked.
          “Er………well, Mistress has also sent me on a mission to observe every Fear in their natural state. I was going to go ahead and do it anyway, but since you’re so nice, I figured I might as well ask you for permission.”
          “Oho?” EAT grinned at me. “Maybe you want to ‘observe’ me bathing, perhaps?”
          “As much as I would love to, I really need to get moving on my resea-” I began.
          “Oh come on! You don’t exactly have a deadline, do you?” EAT grinned.
          “Well, no, but I-” EAT pressed a finger on my lips and began the show. The next hour or so was the greatest of my life. Oh, don’t worry, my V-card is still completely intact. I just got a show of the which I’ve never seen before. Afterwards, she gave us permission to observe a group of Campers just down the road. “Oh, by the way!” EAT said, as I was climbing in the car. “If you think I’m soft, or that I’m not powerful, or hostile to most humans, for that matter, I’m completely disembowel you, so don’t think that, okay?” She managed to say that with a pleasant smile on her face. I just sighed and Sylvia drove off.
After observing the Campers for a little while, I came up with this.
         
          File 03: Evolutionary Adverse Trigger
          Alternate Names: EAT, Epping AquaTarkus, PRE14, Subject Echo Alpha Tango, Salmacis, The Invading Ink, The Enchantress of All Tides, Water-That-Isn’t, The Beast of the Sea, Cthulhu Mark II

Attitude to Humans: Fairly Neutral
Control Over: Water in General, “Ink”,

The Camper is EAT. Or rather, an arm of EAT. EAT’s actual body, or if it even has a real body, is currently unknown. A Camper is no longer a human, no longer even has it’s own conciousness, and belongs completely to EAT. Sometimes, however, the human will break free of this hold and become Indisen, or Individual Sentience. Evidence points that a Proxy surviving an encounter with The Quiet becomes Indisen, but this is neither confirmed nor denied. At times, EAT can, especially with her female Campers, can almost be playful, but very dangerous if angered. As for how this Water Being infects new Campers, she drains a body of water completely and adds her own special “ink” that looks and tastes like water, but occasionally has a slightly musky smell, but no other differences have been spotted. If you’ve swallowed any ink, EAT is already in your body, and can take over whenever she sees fit. So, here’s a tip. Drink Milk instead.

We’ve spotted a flock of the Convocation. We’re going to follow that. I’ll post that tomorrow, once we have some answers.
~Thompson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment